Employment Discrimination Lawyers in New Jersey
Enforce Your Rights!
In 1945 New Jersey enacted the Law Against Discrimination. It is unlawful for employers and commercial establishments like stores, restaurants and hotels to discriminate against people due to their race, creed, color, national origin or ancestry.
This was a great start, but much more needs to be done. In 1972 the law was expanded to include the handicapped and disabled. In 1991 it became unlawful to discriminate against "affectional or sexual orientation."
You can enforce your rights!
Call 973-440-2311, 908-626-1001, 201-787-9406 or toll free 888-734-8287
If you believe you have experienced discrimination in the workplace, protect your rights. You may have lost your job, been demoted or lost a promotion due to discrimination. Mark Law Firm, represents employees who have been wronged by employers, and pursues all claims vigorously. Contact our Basking Ridge, Oradell or New Jersey, law offices today for a confidential consultation.
Are you a member of a protected class?
Employees are protected against the following types of discrimination in the workplace, based on membership in one or more of these protected classes:
- Race, color or religion
- National origin, ethnicity or ancestry
- Affectional or sexual orientation
- Genetic identity, including atypical hereditary, cellular or blood train
- Age, gender or pregnancy
- Marital or domestic partnership status
- Military reserve status
Have you suffered any damages?
If you belong to a protected class, check this list to see if any of these circumstances apply to you:
(1) Were you treated any differently because you are a member of a protected class?
(2) Did you lose your job, get demoted or transferred or denied a promotion due to this discrimination?
(3) Did you explain the circumstances to your employer?
(4) How much money did you lose due to your employer's or supervisor's discrimination?
(5) Can you find witnesses who will come forward on your behalf?
(6) Do you have any evidence such as documents, video or audio recordings to support your claim?
Discrimination claims are complex, and require focused counsel for a positive outcome. If you are working in a hostile work environment or are a victim of retaliation due to whistleblowing, contact the firm today.
The firm's employment lawyers also represent disabled clients who have been denied reasonable accommodation by their employers. If you have been a victim of sexual harassment, call for an appointment with an attorney at our Basking Ridge, Oradell or Toms River law office at 973-440-2311, 908-626-1001 or toll free 888-734-8287.